The Figures You Need To Know - Malaysia in Numbers @ 20 Jan 2023
RM2.8 billion has been allocated to Prasarana Malaysia Berhad to spend on improving the train and bus services, including the 25-year-old Kelana Jaya train line that was plagued with incidents and delays.
Toll-free rides nationwide on Jan 20 and 21 in conjunction with the Chinese New Year. But there’s no such thing as free lunch - it will cost the government (more like us the taxpayers) RM40 mil.
The northeast monsoon season caused damages and losses of RM111.95 mil, according to Agriculture and Food Security Minister Mohamad Sabu. It’s an expensive annual ordeal.
New year, new tax – Malaysians who purchased goods valued less than RM500 from overseas will be subject to a 10% tax from April 2023 onwards. Don’t be surprised by the invoice later on!
We help you stay informed - effectively. Subscribe for free to our daily email newsletter of thousands of Malaysians
The National Anti-Drug Agency (NADA) recorded a treatment success rate of 70%, with the remaining 30% of addicts experiencing a relapse. 12,212 out of 17,151 individuals who underwent NADA’s rehabilitation programme between Jan to Nov 2022 made a full recovery.
Phase 1 of the government’s cash aid programme for the B40 group, dubbed Sumbangan Tunai Rahmah (STR), costs RM1.67 billion.
Employees Provident Fund (EPF) is looking to sell local education assets worth more than RM500 million. EPF wants to wind up its Malaysian education real estate investment trust, Alpha REIT.
Serba Dinamik Holdings Bhd’s external auditor could not verify RM12.43 bil of the troubled oil and gas service provider’s assets, liabilities, revenue and expenses.
Bank Negara Malaysia maintains the overnight policy rate (OPR) at 2.75%, to the surprise of many, as a 0.25% hike was highly anticipated